Are you as involved in and passionate about the world of obstacle course racing and mud runs as we are?
Do you want to share your story or expertise?
Wanting to start your own OCR related blog but don’t want to figure out how to set up a blog or website of your own?
Do you want to reach tens of thousands of readers a month right out of the gate?
Do you want to establish yourself within the industry?
Do you want to share valuable information with your fellow racers?
Do you have ideas that will transform the sport?
If you answered yes any of these questions you are welcome to apply to write for Mud and Adventure. Mud and Adventure is about all of our voices, not just the founder’s or our staff. The more people involved in the site the better. We’re not just Tough Mudders or just Spartan Racers or just Warrior Dashers, we’re obstacle racers and mud runners and challenge finishers. All are welcome – from the first time participant who just wants to have fun with their friends or family to the elite athlete.
Here’s how it works: drop us a line via the Apply here. button below. Include your name and and brief explanation of why you want to write for us (does not have to be long, we live in the Twitter world too). As long you’re not crazy we’ll set you up with a contributor account. When you submit a post (article) it will be queued for our review. Generally after five approved and published posts, we’ll change your account to author status where you can log in and post at will and edit your previously published posts.
What you get:
- tens of thousands of readers
- support from and access to fellow contributors and Mud and Adventure staff in a closed Facebook group
- free Mud and Adventure swag pack consisting of the famous M+A performance shirt, stickers and temporary tattoos after your third article (while supplies last)
- access to member only deal site where you can save 40-60% off name brands such as inov-8 and Salomon
- opportunities to test (and keep) new gear and race for free (in exchange for a review) – first come first serve
What can you write about? Anything related to OCR!
- race recaps, reviews, and previews
- gear reviews
- training tips and advice
- industry news
- athlete interviews
- race organizer interviews
What’s not going to fly on Mud and Adventure:
- pointless bashing (critiquing is fine and welcome, just try to have a solution handy before you knock something)
- blatant sales pitches (we charge advertising fees for that!)